An excellent opportunity for an HR Advisor to join a leading manufacturing business in Chesterfield. This role will suit a candidate who is a experienced HR Administrator with strong attention to detail and used to dealing with high volumes of administration BUT ready for your next step.
The position is to provide support & advice for employees & managers for HR-related issues, implement individual actions, meet with employees, optimise existing processes, and participate/deliver projects, recruitment needs and training needs/opportunities. To take an active role in ensuring the performance of the business. To provide specific operational support & advice to Team Leaders & Managers. Advise, recommend & implement policies & procedures in line with new employment law recommendations; ensure adherence to agreed procedures.
- To provide HR support and guidance to all managers in line with UK Legislation and company HR policy and Procedures
- To advise, recommend & support in the implementation of policies & procedures in line with employment law recommendations & Group standards.
- Support management in disciplinary & grievance procedures/performance management; support Disciplinaries & Grievance hearings; upskill managers where required
- To record & report on employee absences, manage Bradford Points system; manage long term & short term issues as & when required.
- Support with correspondence relating to offers of employment; maternity/ paternity/ parental leave schedules’ annual leave quotas, process starters & leavers. Maintain HR electronic data, manual personnel files & data records; ensure all records comply with the GDPR. Process contractual changes i.e. change of pay, transfers etc.
- To support the performance review / appraisal process and management development program and report on the progress of employee’s development
- To ensure all policies and procedures and handbooks are updated and legislative requirements are met
- To support all training needs and opportunities across the business. Ensuring all employees receive the appropriate training and are competent to carry out their duties
- Planning, organising and delivering the training and induction at all levels, through the development and implementation of onboarding frameworks. Ensuring that new joiner learning is completed, and the individual has a phased transition into the role
- To develop, manage and maintain a HR system including personal records training management and attendance functionality.
- To manage a suite of high-level management reporting information, that provides accurate and timely management information specifically around ER / Training and employee development plans and HR metric.
- Assist with the onboarding and offboarding process including drafting and administering new stater packs, processing HR-related documentation and issuing documentation to managers. Assisting with the leaver process including conducting exit interviews and Company car inspections if required.
- To update and develop/build the People SharePoint site.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in Engineering / Manufacturing / Construction or similar industry
- Previous HR Admin experience with some exposure to advising managers
- Basic knowledge of Employment Law / ER cases
- On site parking
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance - 3 x annual salary
- Pension scheme - 5%