We are delighted to be working exclusively for a growing logistics business looking for an experienced, energetic, development driven and pro-active HR Manager to lead their HR department based within their offices close to Rotherham.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join this successful and well-established business, offering you an opportunity to be part of a busy and supportive team!
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Taking ownership in facilitating HR matters. The responsibility area covers the whole employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding to performance management and compensation issues as well as learning and other development activities.
- Providing support to managers and employees in personnel matters, employment law matters, policies and guidelines.
- Deal with disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge.
- Apply for candidate references, respond to reference requests, ensure authorisations are in place and corresponding paperwork is processed
- Assist and provide paperwork across the full HR Lifecycle
- Issue Contracts, Offers, vetting checks, collect paperwork.
- Keep abreast of Workplace legislative changes, providing guidance and support to senior stakeholders
- Review and revise HR Policy and handbook updates/reviews to ensure compliance and best practice
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience as HR manager;
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices;
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases;
- Experience in an operational environment would be an advantage e.g. manufacturing, logistics, FMCG
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company;
- People oriented and results driven;
This is a fantastic time to join this growing ambitious business as they look to strengthen and develop their HR function.
The business are ideally looking for an individual looking to work around 25 hours per week.