Interim Finance Business Partner (Operations)
£300 - £400 per day
3 – 6 Months
About the role:
Our client is looking for a dynamic Operations Finance Business Partner. This business facing role will provide a critical service to key operational areas. This role will drive optimal performance whilst delivering best value for money. A good understanding of the relationship between operational and financial activities is essential.
The role requires a highly motivated individual who can develop an enhanced service, focused on providing proactive, engaging financial insight and analysis, challenging all aspects of performance, efficiency, and control.
Working within a dynamic team environment, supporting key operational managers, this position will involve managing and presenting financial performance and ensuring that Operations have the forward-looking insight to make informed decisions.
- Building/maintaining strong partnerships.
- Providing insightful analysis that links business performance with financial results and which ensures effective operational decisions are made.
- Ownership of the reporting suite, ensuring weekly and monthly data is uploaded and correctly ties back to overall financial positions.
- Leading and assisting the Finance Director/Operation Lead in setting a business plan that achieves all operational and financial objectives. Preparing budgets and forecasts for operational expenditure, measuring and understanding performance against these metrics.
- Agreeing, tracking and driving business improvement initiatives.
- Participate in key operational performance meetings, ensuring timely financial results are clearly communicated and understood whilst maintaining a forward looking focus.
- Managing relevant balance sheet accounts, ensuring good practice when reconciling on a monthly basis.
- Working with the wider business (e.g. commercial) to understand current/future impacts to the business.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA Qualified Accountant with significant commercial finance exposure across operations
- Able to challenge and influence key decision making.
- Strong analytical, presentation and IS skills, including SAP, Excel and Power BI.