Outstanding opportunity to work for a prestigious and well known business in North Derbyshire. This company have a 12 month maternity cover position of Management Accountant to join a large and friendly finance team.
This role will support the Group Financial Controller and FP&A Manager as well as Senior Management – meeting the deadlines set for timely, accurate completion of all key responsibilities.
- Evaluate the impact of new activities and investment opportunities, both before and after implementation.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts in conjunction with Senior Management, for review by the FP&A Manager.
- Evaluate business performance, highlighting risks and opportunities to budget and forecasts, and preparing performance reviews, KPI’s, and ad hoc analysis.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Maintain and control records within the management accounts, ensuring all appropriate reconciliations and necessary adjustments are completed.
- Complete internal audit reviews to ensure compliance with group policies, procedures, and controls.
- Completion and timely submission of VAT, Statutory and Government statistical returns, and assist in the preparation of tax computations
- Prepare statutory accounts and support the external audit, as appropriate.
- Provide system support and maintenance of the Group’s Finance and Business Systems where appropriate, and support system development, including end user training.
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Qualified accountant, or QBE
- 2-5 years of previous accounting experience
- Knowledge of financial systems
- IT literate, including Microsoft Excel
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to prioritise work and work to strict deadlines
25 days holiday, amazing working environment and generous staff discounts