Pratap Partnership are supporting a fast-growing, ambitious group of companies spread across the construction sector. The company focuses on being people and relationship-first and maintaining simple structures and operations.
The Management Accountant is responsible for ensuring monthly and annual accounts are prepared timely and accurately for their area of responsibility. In addition to developing financial processes, they will work on several projects, including assessing acquisition targets and integrating new companies into the group.
The role will have sole responsibility for one of the Group’s acquisitions. Helping manage all financial ledgers and supporting the Managing Director directly with reporting and forecasting.
Working closely with the Group Financial Controller the Management Accountant will have real influence on the future of a successful fast-growing company. They will be a confident communicator with real attention to detail and possess analytical skills to answer questions quickly and accurately. They will help support three junior team members with their knowledge and experience.
- Management accounts, budget, and forecasts
- Year end audit assistance
- Support the Managing Director with financial information and direct support.
- Control of working capital processes; including transaction processing.
- Help identify and transition business into Galaxy practices, moving transactional processes onto admin team ASAP
- Ad-hoc support to the FC and existing team with management accounting where necessary:
- Accruals, prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, budgets/forecasts
- Partnering branch directors to help them understand their accounts.
- Modelling the financial impact of possible business transactions, such as investments in new sites or businesses.
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Finalist or newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- High attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to problem solving. Happy to get involved
- Strong communicator amongst all levels, both written and verbal.
- Good standard of systems and Excel ability.
Excellent career progression, supportive and passionate line manager, study support if needed