Are you a newly qualified accountant and looking for you next career move?
A large construction business growing at a rapid pace and has a newly created role of Management Accountant. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual, able to both deliver to deadlines and manage their own workload. We continue to seek to improve our processes and expect the successful applicant to be someone able to support that process.
- Monthly management accounts for Head Office, working closely with the regional Assistant Management Accountants in order to produce the results for the division
- Posting site cost of sales for the business as a whole and reviewing actual Gross Profit for each site
- Accruals, prepayments and fixed asset register for Head Office
- Processing general ledger journals on the system
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Understanding variances between reported and budgeted results and communicating these internally as appropriate
- Review and approval of Bank Payments and Bacs, ensuring correct procedure and approval process is being followed
- Preparation of regular reporting and KPI analysis
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- A qualified accountant (e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- The role would possibly suit a first time mover from practice
- The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are self-motivated and keen to take advantage of the development opportunities afforded from working in a large listed environment
- A confident IT user with strong Excel skills and an ability to pick up new IT systems quickly
- Attention to detail, ensuring that monthly reporting is both accurate and complete
- A team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
26 days holidays, bonus scheme, life assurance, pension, holiday buy back scheme, private medical scheme and flexible working