Management Accountant required for award winning business in the Leeds area.
Pratap Partnership are delighted to be working exclusively with Xiros, an award-winning international medical devices group specialising in sports medicine. Accredited with the elite Investors in People Gold Award, with a mission to create the highest quality, innovative medical devices, with a commitment to developing people.
This is a great opportunity for a bright and outgoing fully qualified/part-qualified accountant, to join the friendly finance team, based at a 5-acre site next to Leeds Bradford Airport, in Yeadon, Leeds.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts pack for two UK group companies to provide insightful analysis and help drive continuous improvement across the Group
- Financial management including balance sheet reconciliations; cash reporting; fixed asset administration; quarterly stock reconciliations;
- Filing of VAT and ONS submissions; monthly payroll submission (outsourced payroll)
- Sales and margin analysis; KPIs; ad-hoc commercial analysis and financial modelling
- Assisting with quarterly financial forecasting and year-end statutory reporting requirements
- Working with Production colleagues to improve inventory and cost accounting processes, ensuring the delivery of timely and accurate COGS information
- NPD project accounting, liaising with the S&M, R&D & Production teams
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience of financial processes through to management accounts production
- Have strong analytical and IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
- Ideally qualified CIMA, ACCA, or ACA (potentially part qualified)
Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing background
- Knowledge of multi-currency inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Payroll processing experience (to act as link with outsourced payroll provider)
- Familiarity with SAP B1 software an advantage but not essential
- An interest in systems thinking, process improvement and automation
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Curiosity, drive and a “can do” attitude with the ability to take initiative and work to deadlines across multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and to develop strong internal & external relationships.
- Integrity, high standards, flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
Salary up to £45,000, generous non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours 37.5 hrs per week and hybrid working, free onsite parking. Choice of other flexible benefits and/or enhanced pension contributions (up to 15%), after qualifying period (6 months).