Are you looking for a first time move from chartered practice into industry?
Based in Manchester, the business operates in the import / distribution sector, through a complex corporate structure and behind a number of household name brands. Due to continued growth they have a newly created vacancy for a Management Accountant. Reporting to a supportive and passionate Financial Controller and is responsible for the timely production of accurate monthly management accounts. In addition this role will also help deliver and drive process improvement in management accounting and reporting processes.
- Follow the monthly management accounts process, ensuring that they are prepared in line with agreed deadlines
- Ensure that checks and balances are implemented to ensure that the accounts are robust and reflect the reality; to include turnover, margin, other cost of sales and overheads
- Working with the Financial Reporting Manager ensure that the accounts are prepared in accordance with relevant accounting standards and that any changes are reflected in a timely fashion
- Prepare accruals, prepayments and provisions and maintain a detailed audit log of all manual entries including explanations and sign-off.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations to the agreed timetable ensuring that all discrepancies are understood, corrected and eradicated
- Support the budgeting and forecasting processes for the Group that is led by the FP&A team
- Assist with the annual audit process and the production of the statutory accounts for the Group
- Provide support to the Compliance team with regards to the provision of information for external filings such as VAT, intrastat, EC sales and corporation tax
- Ensure that ongoing procedures are in line with statutory audit requirements and that support documentation is prepared in order to ensure compliance
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Degree educated, ideally in finance, accounting or business
- ACA qualified
- First time mover from practice
- Ability to demonstrate experience of delivering to tight time lines
Ability to work from home/flexible working, career progression. 25 days holiday, parking, pension and an inclusive and positive approach to their employees