Management Accountant required for a rapidly expanding business in the Bradford area.
The Management Accountant will be tasked with supporting the Commercial Finance team and Financial Controller, helping with the month end regime to ensure accurate reporting and throughout the month with Flash Reporting. Other ad hoc projects may arise during the role including assisting with ensuring rigourous systems and controls are in place. The ability to build and express financial (P&L) trends, identify key triggers (Financial KPI’s) and establish cost and revenue drivers is desired and the ability to produce internal and external financial reports and contribute to review meetings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist the finance team with month end reporting, ensuring that accurate reports are delivered on time with an understanding for the numbers reported with ownership for particular sites
- Prepare monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports (including preparation and posting journals, review of GRNI and general ledger entries)
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations along with investigation and satisfactory conclusion of reconciling items
- Provide relevant supporting documentation to the external auditors on request
- Assist with the preparation, where required, of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver the daily financial KPIs. Assisting with ensuring the Finance team is fully aware of negative/positive P&L factors
- Create and maintain stakeholder relationships using own credibility and integrity. Attend and present at period end review meetings with the Finance Director
- Ensure governance is maintained on previously agreed SOPs and help to implement governance which is not in place where required
- Ensure the business operates within the company’s values (integrity)
- Investigate and review customer invoice queries where required (customer satisfaction)
- Achieve and sustain ‘best in class’ operational performance within budget, whilst delivering ‘continuous improvement’ initiatives to financial targets. Identify and suggest areas where the business could improve profitability
- Help in the budget setting process
- Follow financial governance processes and audit to ensure company policies on purchasing/invoicing/sign off and cap-ex policies are followed
- Assist in the preparation of compliance reporting including VAT returns and Office of National Statistics reporting
- Assistance in other ad hoc projects as required
- Microsoft excel
- Proactive with ‘roll up the sleeves’ attitude
- Delivery of information in line with set reporting timetables
- Experience of month end accounts preparation and reporting
- Capability of working on cross functional assignments and developing client relationships alongside multiple stakeholders
- Analytical skills are essential, as the post holder will be required to comprehend and interpret operational data and financial models
- A consultative skill set is needed, and an understanding of the valuable role that accurate financial reporting can play in leveraging other business development growth opportunities.
- Must enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced, high growth, busy and sometimes stressful business environment.
- CIMA/ACCA or ACA qualified with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Good presentation skills & confidence
- Understand of VAT and relevant reporting
As well as a competitive salary and benefit package the employer is able to offer flexible working hours and a split between home and office working. This is great opportunity to join a friendly team, working within a fast growing business.