Experienced Management Accountant required for Ilke Homes, a well capitalised, innovative and dynamic business.
Ilke Homes Limited is a Yorkshire-based modular housing company. The company manufactures energy-efficient homes for a range of tenures and is capable of developing entire sites from start to finish.
Such a positive proposition has attracted significant investment and a first-class team of people who are the foundation of their culture. The business prides itself on pioneering their market as well as taking an ethical and accountable role in the communities and environment in which they operate.
Working as part our Finance Team, under the leadership of the Divisional Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for monthly managerial accounting, strategic measures and cost accounting for our manufacturing division.
The Management Accountant will be expected to work on ad hoc requests and projects, as well as liaising with the Divisional Financial Controller and department heads to help drive the business’ financial strategy.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts for the manufacturing and D&I division in conjunction with the business leads, including generation of MI reports
- Ensure the accounts system is up-to-date and reconciled each month in conjunction with the Divisional Financial Controller
- Provide business partner support, attending monthly CVR meetings and working closely with Commercial Director and team to ensure costs are accurately reflected in P&L and cashflow
- Manage WIP balances on the Balance Sheet and ensure released in line with revenue recognition policies
- Review and analyse overheads, identifying and reporting variations to the Divisional Financial Controller
- Reconciliation and confirmation of inventory balances to sub ledger accounts
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations and review with Divisional Financial Controller
- Adherence to and improvement of the financial operational controls
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the business leads including ad-hoc requests and analysis
- Preparation of business forecasts for consolidation and review by the Financial Controller, including but not limited to; opex; capex; balance Sheet; working capital; purchasing & Stock; headcount
- To assist in the delivery, maintenance and control of accounting services, for statutory, regulatory and internal management reporting
- Supporting colleagues responsible for the purchase and sales ledger
- Assist with statutory audits
- Other ad hoc duties as required
This role would suit an ambitious, enthusiastic, motivated individual who is self sufficient and wants to continue learning:
- CIMA or ACCA – nearly/newly qualified
- Relevant accounting experience is essential
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is essential
- Strong system / analytical skills proven by demonstrable career achievements
- Advanced user of MS Excel & MS Powerpoint
- Experience of Business Central (previously Dynamics 365) and PowerBI is desirable
In return, the company offers:
- Competitive salary + study package
- Free on-site parking
- 37.5 hour working week
- 25 days holiday + stats