Operational and Commercial Finance Manager - An outstanding opportunity to join a successful growing business, with private equity investment and offering career development opportunities. Offering a remote working pattern with the option to go into the office in Hull or Doncaster if you choose.
- A growing business, lead by a great CFO and leadership team
- Positive culture suited to the most ambitious candidates
- Track record of developing and promoting their people
- An attractive reward and development plan
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be a leader in the Finance team and follow and promote the business values
- Ensure that necessary financial support and information is provided to facilitate good decision making on operational and commercial activity to improve profitability
- Help, support, manage and lead the Financial Assistant
- Provide financial insight into each of the operational areas of the business and make recommendations for problem solving, profit enhancement and help identify and appraise investment opportunities.
- Prepare, communicate and engage in the annual P&L budgets for, and where necessary support the re-forecast of the commercial and operational areas of the business, ensuring that they fit within the framework of the overall strategy and targets for growth of the business
- Ensure timely and accurate (first time) data reporting for each of the areas of operations, supporting the overall finance function in ensuring that the business meets its group reporting deadlines
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for the board pack and board meetings – hold responsibility for the commercial and operational aspects of the board pack, liaising with the individual stakeholders, ensuring that analyses and commentary are current and relevant and adapt analyses for real-time key issues
- Be the Finance business partner and provide day-to-day operational and commercial support and challenge to the following areas of the business: Commercial, Marketing, UX, D&I, Trade, Distribution Centre, Last-mile, Help Centre, Supply Chain, Quality.
- Work with stakeholders to prepare cost / benefit analyses including NPI (New Product Introduction) in support of new business activities for review and sign-off by the CFO/CEO
- Have a deep understanding of the operational KPI’s and mechanics in the business to support the department heads with continued costs and productivity efficiencies in those areas
- Support with the strategic growth of the Design and Installation business in understanding and influencing the key KPI’s and efficiency levers that will lead to its successful growth and profitability
- Customer Services - work closely with the Head of Customer Excellence to ensure that KPI’s in support of both sales and resource are set appropriately, managed and variances are properly communicated, understood and actioned
- Loss Management – involvement in the weekly “Losses” project meetings and provide appropriate data and analysis to support the business in reducing refunds and replacements
This is a superb opportunity to join a growing, PE backed business offering a competitive salary of £45-55,000 plus 10% bonus, home working contract, pension and life assurance.