Part Time Finance Director Opportunity
I am delighted to be working with a leading high growth SME in Leeds to recruit a Finance Director on a part time basis There is flexibility around hours but expectations are circa 2-3 days a week . The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Provide strategic support to the Board
- Provide advice & counsel on all financial matters, general business direction and act as sounding board to all Directors
- Participate in strategic reviews & business planning, providing financial assessments against the plans
- Develop, maintain and seek continuous improvements in financial processes, reporting & content to ensure they are appropriate and relevant for the business, and compliant with legislative requirement.
You will also be require on a daily basis to :
- Manage the functions of the Finance Manager and provide technical accounting advice as required.
- Review results on a monthly basis
- Confirm accuracy
- Highlight variances, trends, and significant items
- Present to Ops group and Board
- Provide forecast information, develop “what if” scenarios and advise on likely impacts to the business on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Review Annual Accounts and Tax Returns, liaising with external accountants to finalise, sign, and file all documents by due date
- Ensure specific financial compliance requirements are met (VAT, PAYE)
- Coordinate annual financial planning and budgets
- Maintain relationships with Bank
- Approve payments to suppliers
- Manage and approve monthly payroll and Director payments
- Identify & manage relationships with external professional advisors – accountants, lawyers, payroll, employee benefit
You will be a qualified accountant with at least 5+ years post qualification experience in an SME within the professional services sector. Ideally you will have held a similar role in the past and be used to operating part time and the flexibility that involves .
Experience in technology driven business would be an advantage and some exposure to M&A/funding would be excellent.
Please get in touch ASAP - Looking to interview early into the New Year