Having had previous history of recruiting for Sheffield United Football Club we are delighted to be working with them again to assist in the recruitment of an experienced Payroll Administrator.
Established over 130 years ago Sheffield United Football Club is a well known landmark in the area and has an excellent reputation for staff retention.
This is an exciting time to join the business and the role offers scope for development.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Payroll Manager in undertaking the payroll administration ensuring 100% accuracy of all payroll records throughout the system. Creating & maintaining employees’ records, calculation of wages & salaries and applicable deductions based on employee attendance & timesheet records. Duties will include, but not limited to:
- To undertake payroll administration ensuring the correct application, accuracy and timescales are met for the payrolls.
- Calculation & payment of National Insurance, Income Tax, Pension, Attachment of Earnings Orders, SSP, SMP, Student Loans & Year End Returns in line with legislation.
- As directed to undertake payroll administration including new starter/leaver administration, overtime payments, travel and subsistence and other emoluments, variations to pay, absences, bonus calculations, allowances and any other payments relating contractual payments.
- Maintenance of the company’s time and attendance and payroll systems.
- Completion and maintenance of all relevant documents for payroll, accounting, and audit purposes.
- To ensure all payroll deductions are paid over accurately and on time
- Preparation of HMRC payments & pension documentation, SSP1, etc.
- Maintenance of fleet records
- Processing of expense payments
- Detecting & communicating anomalies
- Assist in system configuration
- To act as a point of contact for employees, dealing with a wide variety of queries, referring more complex queries to Payroll Manager
- To ensure that all correspondence and queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To produce monthly reports as requested on staff data
- To ensure that all data is managed in accordance with statutory legislation and other guidance.
- Year-end returns
- Ad hoc duties as required by Payroll Manager
This search is not being limited to any industry. A can-do attitude, confidence with systems and a willingness to learn are key to this recruitment process.
- Previous experience of end to end payroll is essential
- Studying towards CIPP would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Experience of Sage would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and meet deadlines
In return company offers:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours per week
- Free on site parking
- 20 days holiday + stats