- Flexible home working.
- Flexible working hours.
- Structured external training and personal development.
- Dress for your diary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- A fair and sympathetic sickness policy.
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders with ongoing associated support.
- Employee assistance program for counselling services, medical support, and perks through PAYCARE
These are just some of the benefits that Shorts offer all their employees along with strong values and an excellent culture.
They have a requirement for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their small, friendly team based in Sheffield or Chesterfield.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager duties will include:
- Preparing payrolls with high accuracy and to agreed timelines.
- Preparing and submitting all required returns to HMRC deadlines.
- Complying with HMRC legislation, including implementation of changes to tax codes etc.
- Have a sound knowledge of all statutory payments and eligibility criteria, including undertaking training where necessary.
- Conducting a self-check of all prepared work prior to submission for audit.
- Where applicable provide the administration of client pension schemes, applying changes, producing reports and ensuring submission deadlines are met.
- Developing an extensive knowledge on differing pension schemes and current regulations, including undertaking training where necessary.
- Building and maintaining strong and trusting relationships with clients including regular meetings to discuss ways we can improve our service.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Candidates with previous payroll experience are required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Good accuracy/attention to detail is required.
- Good IT skills are essential.