STH Finance is one of the largest finance functions in South Yorkshire and offers one of the most comprehensive lists of features and benefits to attract new candidates.
This list includes;
- Long term career opportunities.
- Training & development through professional qualifications and internally.
- A work / life balance that includes flexible working and 27 days’ holidays plus bank holidays (rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 after 10).
- A pay & benefits package that is second to none in the region – winning the “Employee Benefits Awards” in 2021.
In addition to these benefits, the 180 staff in the finance team are all motivated by the highest sense of job fulfilment and pride working for the NHS. Everyone is part of something special, working for an employer that has created an inclusive, collaborative and supportive culture.
Reporting to the Pay and Employee Services Team Leader the purpose of the role is:
- To work within the Pay and Employee Services Team to ensure the delivery and provision of a comprehensive, cost effective and efficient service to STH and other client organisations.
- Interpret, verify and input confidential employee information into the integrated Payroll and HR system, ESR – complying with internal and external deadlines, in order to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time.
- To act as the point of contact for both clients and employees to provide technical advice, information and support on highly complex pay issues, terms and conditions and statutory regulations.
- To be responsible for the processing of an allocated workload within strict time and quality restraints whilst ensuring that correct procedures are followed and that statutory and legislative requirements are applied and maintained.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a specialised integrated HR/Payroll/Pensions department.
- Knowledge and experience of HMRC regulations in respect of payroll and pensions regulations.
- Sound understanding of the Data Protection Act.
- Knowledge of NHS National Terms and Conditions of service.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NHS pension scheme.
- 2 A-Levels or equivalent.
- 5 GCSE’s (including Maths and English) at Grade A to C or equivalent.
Currently sits at Band 4 level (£22,549 - £24,882)
Pratap Partnership recruit exclusively for the finance department of STH
Please contact Karen Caswell on email@example.com to request a copy of the candidate brochure for careers with STH Finance and the full job description.
We would always welcome the opportunity to talk to candidates before they commit to sending in their CV and applying. However, please do apply with your CV if you are already committed to applying