A large logistics company in Worksop have a newly created vacancy for a Planning Manager. Reporting to the Head of Planning this role includes the management and development of a team of direct reports. You will manage the daily planning, forecasting, seasonal planning & process improvements including interfaces with all areas of retail and supply chain and the production and communication of key management information.
You will drive for the most efficient, cost effective plan on a daily basis while supporting future change, projects and continuous improvement.
- Ensure cost effective efficient plan is produced on daily basis for all transport operations
- Develop planning tools and systems to drive commercial benefits and CI improvements across the contract
- Improve and develop forecasting to ensure resource is appropriately managed
- Work with Customer Demand, Planning and warehouse teams to ensure accurate information and plans are aligned and produced on a daily, weekly, monthly and periodic basis.
- Work with Transport Teams to create effective and controlled driver rotas
- Develop best in class planning function
We are looking for candidates with the following background;
- Planning experience in fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and planning experience
- Strong background in transport
- Strong Excel skills
- Leadership and development of a team ensuring that they are engaged and motivated to achieve their personal goals and the KPIs of the contract