An exciting opportunity has been created at a division of a successful, recognised organisation as a result of organic growth. Working within a fast-paced environment, a qualified Project Accountant is now required on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the FP&A manager your key responsibilities will be to control project financials on Delivery Projects ensuring that the business maintains a clear financial picture of its project position by controlling project cost in line with the project budget to support a culture of robust project financial governance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the main point of contact for all financial issues as part of the Project Delivery team
- Provision of monthly and quarterly variance analysis, P&L reporting as well as providing Management Information as part of Management Accounts pack
- Assist with pre contract support to access commerciality and viability of projects prior to approval
- Validating project authorisations in line with company policies
- Manage costs on an ongoing basis working closely with the QS and project delivery team
- Produce quarterly forecasts
- Provide financial input to change management process including variations
- Manage customer billing and provide detailed cash billing forecast information and consolidation of monthly cash flow updates
- Maintain project financial models for existing projects to feed into the business long range forecast model
- Maintain robust ad hoc project financial reporting providing project managers with the tools to enable them to understand the financial performance of their projects compared to their commitments and forecasts
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or finalist level with previous project accounting experience. You will be a self-starter and excellent communicator able to work closely and effectively with the non-finance project delivery team.
This is an excellent time to join a busy and growing business that will create career growth opportunities as the company continues to expand.
The package is in excess of £50,000 (including car allowance) and additional benefits.