Experienced Purchase Ledger Administrator required for a large manufacturing business based in Barnsley.
This is a fixed term contract, 3-6 months, requiring an immediate start.
The purpose of the role is to support the AP and planning teams as the first point of contact for supplier claims, invoice queries and customs requirements, interfacing with the customs central team and customs brokers whilst formulating a strong working relationship with the planning, procurement, and other teams to enable the customs and accounts payable functions to work smoothly.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this role requires an individual who is able to take ownership/responsibility and suggest/implement process improvements:
Working across the Finance, Planning and Purchasing departments to support the AP process.
- Reviewing delivery documentation and notifying suppliers of claims
- Managing & recording active supplier claims, with regular updates to the AP & purchasing teams
- Supporting Finance & Purchasing teams as required
Working with the Brexit team to ensure all imports are accomplished whilst adhering to the current Brexit laws and regulations.
- Ensuring all customs paperwork is received from the DAP suppliers, verified, processed, and submitted to the clearing agent and HMRC to ensure smooth process of import declaration.
- Effective communication via telephone/email with the suppliers on a regular basis to inform of all changes as and when.
- Weekly/Daily catch ups with the Brexit team to receive updates on new Brexit laws and regulations.
- Responsible for collating and reviewing C88 (Customs Clearance) documentation & notification to HMRC of any required alterations
- Other ad hoc duties as required
This search is not limited to any industry. Candidates with experience/background in finance/purchase ledger are essential:
- The successful candidate will be IT literate with working knowledge of Excel (large, complex spreadsheets)
- Excellent communication skills are essential in order to liaise internally and externally
Potential candidates can expect:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Hybrid working
- Supportive and friendly team