Experienced German speaking Purchase Ledger Clerk required for an international business based in Leeds. This is a great opportunity to join a a company that offers progression and development.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth running of the purchase ledger in accordance with legislation and company procedures, whilst providing provide support to the German and UK Credit Controllers and assistance across the Accounts function as required.
The role reports to the Financial Controller and sits within a small established team. Duties include:
- Effectively control and take full responsibility for the complete AP function – from invoice processing to payments and monthly reconciliation of GL and supplier statements.
- Carry out weekly payment runs in multiple currencies from various bank accounts, in compliance with company procedures and to meet deadlines.
- Complete 3 way matching of stock invoices to delivery notes and purchase orders to enable checking of transactions and ensure accurate payments are made.
- Allocation of freight and duty charges to stock invoices to accurately reflect true landed cost
- Ensure accurate coding of all non-purchase order (PO) invoices.
- Provide the accounts team with invoice information to identify and complete monthly accruals and prepayments
- Carry out daily journal processing for bank transactions re charges, payments, direct debits etc.
- Process miscellaneous charges – including freight duty and royalties – raising recharge invoices as and when required.
- Raise FX payments to ensure that foreign payment liabilities can be met.
- Effectively manage cash position for a number of bank accounts across 3 different currencies, including inter-company transfers, payments and moving funds to higher interest accounts.
- Create purchase orders and inter-company recharge invoices, in accordance with company procedures, and carry out reconciliation of inter-company balances.
- Manage and monitor purchase orders received not invoiced.
- Ensure effective daily communication, both internal and external, with suppliers and other departments to resolve queries and issues arising.
- Carry out creation of new vendor accounts as required in accordance with company procedures.
- Carry out inputting of daily exchange rates, updating bank balances and printing of statements.
- Provide support and cover to the German and UK Credit Controllers (including posting and allocating payments, resolving queries, releasing sales orders, monitoring credit limits, direct debit collections)
- Approve, process and post expenses and private mileage payments in general ledger to ensure accurate payments to staff; post UK expenses accruals at month end and maintain the mileage spreadsheets.
- Monitor and review accounts processes and identify areas for improvement and areas of risk which could be addressed.
- Provide any support required in maintaining the general ledger account.
This search is not limited to any industry. Minimum 3 years experience within Purchase Ledger and the ability to speak fluent German is key to this recruitment:
- Strong all-round IT skills including Word / Excel (intermediate level) and Outlook is essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and organisational skills are essential.
- The ability to work as part of a team or on your own initiative, under pressure and deliver to deadlines is essential.
- Reliable, committed, methodical, confident with excellent attention to detail and not afraid to challenge.
In return company offers competitive salary + study support (if required) plus additional employee benefits.