Experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk required for a manufacturing business with its Head Office in Sheffield. This is a maternity cover for a fixed term of 12 months supported by a friendly finance team.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the Group Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained with good internal controls followed and process deadlines met. Duties to include:
- Ensuring all invoices are correctly calculated, matched to PO and delivery notes (if applicable), approved and accurately coded.
- Investigating and resolving queries and escalate if required.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Preparing supplier payment forecasts and resultant payment batches through BACS for all due balances on a regular basis, in accordance with Finance Director instructions.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders concerning new supplier set up and invoice queries.
- To review and verify new CIS sub-contractors on HMRC prior to payment.
- Check other agency and sub-contractor timesheets are authorized, match the invoice, and are charged at the appropriate rates.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
This search is not limited to any industry. Previous Purchase Ledger experience is key to this recruitment:
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
- High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing is required.
In return, potential candidates can expect:
- Competitive salary + retention bonus.
- 25 days + stats.
- Salary sacrifice scheme.