Experienced QHSE Co-Ordinator required for a leading manufacturer based in Chesterfield.
The main purpose of the role is to lead the UK carbon management and energy conservation program with the objective of reducing carbon emissions, reducing operating costs and ensuring market differentiation is created through proactive approach, to maintain the company’s ISO 14001 and Carbon Trust accreditations, assist the site Operations/Production Managers with the maintenance of their H&S systems and assist the Quality & Compliance Manager with the maintenance of the Quality system.
Reporting to the Quality Manager duties will include:
- Approximate resource/time allocation to be equally split between the three areas of responsibility, i.e. Carbon/Environmental, H&S and Quality
- Work with UK Managers in the delivery of the UK corporate carbon reduction/energy management policies and strategies
- Develop and validate the KPI business reports from the Carbon Accounting Tool and circulate in time for local management meetings
- Monitor and report any new/changes to legislation which will effect UK operating companies and to ensure that the Carbon Accounting system meets the needs of our customer base
- Undertake carbon/energy audits/surveys/reviews to identify cost effective opportunities for reducing carbon/energy use to reduce utility costs; investigate future initiatives to reduce UK carbon impact on indirect and direct costs
- Responsible for the management of the company’s Carbon Trust accreditation
- Produce a quarterly green paper in conjunction with the site Operations/Production Managers and highlight areas for developments, improvements and keep all employees up to date with current environmental objectives
- Responsible for the management of the Environmental Management System and the associated ISO 14001 accreditation
- Manage environmental risks for all UK Operating Companies by actively documenting and addressing identified risks
- Co-ordinate waste and environmental awareness training
- Assist the site Operations/Production Managers with the maintenance and improvement of their H&S systems
- Carry out regular site patrols in order to identify and report H&S and Environmental hazards
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic H&S KPIs and KPI reporting.
- Support scheduled review meetings.
- Conduct EHS system audits.
- Assist with H&S risk assessments and procedure maintenance.
- Support Group CSR initiatives.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Previous experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment, is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
In return candidates can expect a competitive salary plus additional employee benefits.