A unique opportunity to join a local ‘not for profit’ organisation as Risk and Compliance Manager has arisen at Leeds City Credit Union. LCCU is a mutual social enterprise. It operates as a regulated financial services institution, providing savings accounts and loans for its 36,000 members. LCCU’s members are drawn from anyone who lives or works in Leeds, Wakefield, Craven or Harrogate, plus the employees and tenants of partner organisations in other parts of the country. LCU has a strong social purpose serving the community.
This position will have overall responsibility for all compliance and risk oversight plans for the Company. Defining the risk appetite alongside the CEO and Board, the tolerances associated and the risk register and controls thereafter. Identifying audit requirements within the compliance oversight plan, creating the audit processes, and managing the associated tasks and activity. Working with external auditors where required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing relationships with the regulators FCA and PRA
- Planning, implementing and managing all aspects of regulatory compliance
- Analysing, interpreting and implementing existing and upcoming regulations
- Creating a risk based assurance and operational risk programme
- Advising and assisting the business in understanding the impact of the changing regulatory environment
- Ensuring controls are in place to mitigate risk across the business
- To maintain certification as a 'fit and proper person’ under the FCA Certified Persons regime and ensure returns and certification for other senior personnel.
- Working with the Board to design the Risk Oversight plan.
- Design and ongoing control of all compliance monitoring systems.
- Regulatory updates including the associated business impact.
- Risk register and associated activity.
- Audit design, process and outputs.
- Complaints analysis and resolution
- Protect the business from any group action claims or exposure to claims management companies
- Willingness to be 'hands on’ and able to grow with the business.
- Positive leadership skills.
- Strong people influencing skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate at Senior Board level through to Sales level personnel.
- Good influencer with 'can do’ collaborative team ethics.
- Ability to analyse data and present in a concise and relevant manor.
- Ability to interpret the regulators principles based requirements for commercial benefit
- Preferably member based experience but certainly financial services experience
- High energy
This is a great opportunity to join a not for profit business based in Central Leeds.