Senior Finance Analyst required for a 12 month fixed term contact in Leeds registered exclusively with Pratap Partnership.
Working for a leading business on the outskirts of central Leeds a new position has arisen for an Excel savvy, Senior Finance Analyst.
The role will be supporting the Finance Manager and reporting to Head of Central Finance to prepare the monthly cost centre variance reports, quarterly forecasting and budgeting, preparing central recharges, reconciling balance sheet accounts and supporting senior finance on ad hoc tasks. It will be part of a team of 3 and include exposure to senior executives across the business as well as the CFO and Group Financial Controller.
- Leading monthly reviews with key central cost centres to gain an understanding of performance during the period and providing finance support where needed
- Taking ownership on the management of data extraction and reporting using the finance system and reporting system
- Supporting Finance Manager when completing the central forecasting and budgeting process through engaging with the central cost centre owners.
- Preparation of the forecast and budget presentation for senior management
- Preparation of the central vat return and support with preparation of the corporation tax pack
- Taking ownership over key balance sheet accounts to ensure that they are fully reconciled and issues have been corrected
- Review of finance analysts work
- Significant involvement in identifying and implementing opportunities to improve existing systems and processes
- Recharging costs to the business and working with the divisions to resolve any queries on charges during the period
- Preparation of audit deliverables
- Previous accounts experience (multi-divisional environment preferable)
- Experience completing balance sheet reconciliations to a high standard
- Working with different accounting and business systems and ability to ensure interface between systems are accurate and timely.
- Analysing large volumes of data and preparing and presenting management information from this data.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Attention to detail, take pride in the quality and accuracy of their work and having the ability to challenge their own and others work
- Positive, can-do, no blame attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confident working under pressure
- COINS / Cognos systems experience (Desirable)
- Part Qualified/Qualified or Qualified by Experience
- Educated to degree level
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working arrangements
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
- Location outside of city centre with free parking
Working for a leading independent businesses in the UK who have a proud history of developing great people. You will be working as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team, and in a business who treat each other fairly and with respect, recognising everyone as an individual.