We are delighted to be working exclusively for a leading manufacturer with an international presence looking for a team-oriented, energetic, development driven and pro-active Senior HR Manager to lead their UK HR department based within their offices to the south of Sheffield.
The HR manager can expect their role to be hands-on and will be required to lead with the management of the overall HR operations and the delivery of strategic objectives.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Taking ownership in facilitating HR matters in UK. The responsibility area covers the whole employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding to performance management and compensation issues as well as learning and other development activities.
- Providing support to managers and employees in personnel matters, employment law matters, policies and guidelines.
- Supporting managers in disciplinary actions and other challenging discussions.
- Leading the local implementations of global HR processes and participating in the development of global HR processes and global HR initiatives.
- Driving the local HR development towards becoming a value-adding HR function.
- Nurturing a positive working environment.
- Supervising a team of 1-2.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as HR manager;
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices;
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases;
- Ability to project manage change initiatives, local improvements and development projects;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company;
- People oriented and results driven;
- International or global company experience is preferred;
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
This is a fantastic time to join this growing ambitious business as they look to strengthen and develop their HR function.