Pratap Partnership is delighted to be working exclusively with a leading private investment firm.
Senior Management Accountant – South Yorkshire
Competitive salary plus bonus and excellent benefits package
Parabellum Investments is a privately-owned, international investment firm with offices in London, Frankfurt, Dubai and Sydney, which acquires companies in the lower mid-market. The firm primarily deploys its own funds and focuses on long-term, operational investment strategies. It has extensive experience and expertise in enterprise software and services, across commercial IT and specialist sectors such as banking and finance, oilfield services, defence and pharmaceuticals. The CFO and General Counsel are based in the South Yorkshire region.
The job opportunity
This is a newly-created role to facilitate the immediate growth plans for the group and support and enhance the management of its current investment portfolio. For the time being this role is fully remotely based and will be leading the financial controls and reporting for some of the international businesses and group.
- Producing financial management information on a timely basis for the purpose of the investment team as well as the businesses management teams. This will involve putting in place new reporting as the businesses grow and evolve at new locations and with new services, and reviewing the processes currently undertaken and improving and streamlining where possible.
- Proactive review of the management information to identify issues and actions to assist management of the businesses by the investment team.
- Ensuring the businesses are compliant with any local reporting and filing requirements for financial information and tax as required in the various countries, in most cases supported by local accountants if specialist country knowledge is required (i.e. non UK).
- Undertaking budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Engagement with the various businesses’ management and underlying teams.
- Improving consolidated reporting processes across the group.
- Assisting the CFO in cash management of some of the businesses and cash flow modelling for the group.
- There is scope for potential involvement in new business M&A processes as well as reporting for newly acquired businesses in the future.
The candidate profile
- Qualified Accountant - happy to work fully remotely at home
- Keen to work in an entrepreneurial group in an autonomous role.
- Organised, meticulous and methodical.
- Interest in commercial analysis and related business activities.
The attractions of the role
Parabellum Investments are already successful with strong investment trading outcomes from acquisitions and disposals with the current investment portfolio having strong EBITDA performance with growth plans.
- Attractive Salary
- Up to 10% bonus
- 5% contributory pension
- Private medical insurance