Senior Payroll Supervisor required for an award winning, innovative multi-site organisation with a national presence based in North Sheffield. This is an opportunity to join a successful business with great staff retention.
They offer hybrid working (3 days office/2 days home), flexible working hours and a supportive, friendly working environment amongst other benefits.
The purpose of the Senior Payroll Supervisor is to ensure/oversee the processing and payment of weekly payroll to ensure all employees are paid correctly and on time whilst adhering to all statutory and legal requirements. Reporting to the Accounts Manager duties will include:
- Working with HR to process all new starter and leaver paperwork and all internal systems are maintained and updated, including timesheet recording system.
- Preparing and submitting all required returns to HMRC deadlines, including the Company CIS.
- Complying with HMRC legislation, including implementation of changes to tax codes etc.
- Administration of the company workplace pension scheme, including onboarding of new staff members.
- Dealing with all payroll and related queries.
- Supervise work of existing payroll team members, including developing and training junior staff.
- Manage and oversee the weekly timesheet input and closedown.
- End to end processing for a large monthly payroll.
- Process invoices for payment for the monthly paid personal service subcontractors including reconciling to submitted timesheets.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
This search is not limited to any industry. Previous experience is key to this recruitment:
- Understanding of on-going legislative changes which affect payroll is essential.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills are required.