Experienced Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk required for a large Sheffield based organisation. This is a new role to support the expanding finance team due to business demands.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure is to be the key point of co-ordination to ensure coverage of subcontract ledger and purchase ledger, working closely with the Cost Control Supervisor and Accounts Payable Manger. You will assist in the day to day managing of the department as well as playing an active role in system and process development and change management. Duties will include:
Maintaining the sub-contract ledger including:
- Ensuring the company’s sub-contract payment procedure is being followed
- Ensuring CIS/Insurance details are up to date prior to payment
- Ensuring all sub-contract certificates are processed in line with current process and ensure sub-contractors are paid in line with relevant matrix
- Liaising with sub-contractors and internal stakeholders re queries
- Up to date knowledge on UK legislation and VAT rules
Maintaining the purchase ledger including:
- Providing a core service of accurate and efficient invoice and payment processing.
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are processed in accordance with described processes and ensure that invoices are paid to agreed terms
- Liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders re payments, queries etc
- Reconciling supplier statements
Other ad hoc duties as required
This search is not limited to any industry however management, team leadership and excellent communication skills are essential to this recruitment.
- Strong Excel skills along with MS office products experience is essential
- At least three years’ experience is essential
- You must be self-motivated, resilient and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the COINS Accounting System would be ideal but not essential as full training will be provided
In return, company offers:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 26 days holiday + stats
- Additional employee benefits