Experienced Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk required for an entrepreneurial and inquisitive independently owned business based at their Head Office in Sheffield.
Originally established with branches in Yorkshire they now operate out of 8 branches across the UK, employing just under 200 employees.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the efficient running for the purchase ledger function on a daily basis. Duties will include:
- Overseeing 1 direct report and supporting 6 external Administrators.
- Opening new supplier accounts ensuring all information is correct.
- Ensuring all invoices are coded correctly and authorised for payment.
- Dealing with supplier queries.
- Liaising with internal staff and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Payment runs.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Previous purchase ledger experience is essential.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Excellent written and communication skills are essential.
- You must be self-sufficient, able to work with minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
In return company offers a competitive salary plus additional employee benefits.