This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a group of green energy companies, with long-term support from a private equity investor. Already profitable and cash generative, the business has a very positive outlook. The Talent and HR Manager will help support the businesses as they continue to grow.
A newly created opportunity with long-term support from a private equity investor, already profitable and cash generative, the business has a very positive outlook. The Talent and HR Manager role will allow the business to add further growth and value. The role can be based from home anywhere within the UK provided you are happy to travel to London and other sites when we required.
This role requires a highly knowledgeable and capable HR professional leader who is adept at working with Business Partners to understand the Company’s objectives and construct plans and strategies to improve recruitment performance and talent management and the overall success of the business.
The Talent Manager will lead on Organisational Development and Talent strategies which ensure an inclusive culture and enable an engaged, agile and high performing workforce which role models our values and delivers the best possible outcomes for the business.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Identifying the organisation’s needs and work to create and implement an efficient talent acquisition strategy.
- Leading on the development and implementation of OD, Learning and Development (L&D), and Talent Management strategies and plans which support corporate objectives and align to wider strategic plans
- Organise and oversee individual and team training and competency programmes training programmes which are appropriately tailored and implemented across the business
- Ensure appropriate tailored training and competency criteria underpin all relevant policies and procedures and are implemented across the business on an ongoing basis
- Plan regular employee performance reviews and feed back to the business
- Develop and implement employee retention programmes or strategies
- Develop effective strategies for identifying skills gaps within the workforce
- Understand the current recruitment trends and the organisation’s markets to identify the impact upon the business
- Manage Disciplinary, Induction, Performance, Capability (including Sickness Absence), Redundancy, Change and other HR processes
- Draft effective Policies, Procedures, Handbooks and Training programmes and materials
- Keep abreast of HR, Organisation Development and Talent Development developments, relevant Employment Law, Finance and Safeguarding rules, and policy related to Finance and best practice
- Provide advice on all HR related issues
- Manage recruitment and selection processes and ensure appropriate vetting checks are carried out to include DBS checks where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified and have a comprehensive knowledge of applicable HR, talent, organisational development, learning, and training strategies alongside excellent interpersonal and people relationship skills and strong time management and influencing abilities. You will be committed to delivering excellence to achieve success and drive the business to the next level. Experience of recruiting within the scientific sector would be a distinct advantage.