A large logistics company in Worksop have a vacancy for a Transport Co-ordinator - nights. The Transport Co-ordinator is responsible for monitoring routes, dispatching drivers & driver’s hours’ compliance, de-briefing at end of shift and resource utilisation.
- Assist in the daily running of the transport operation by completing all administrative and legislative tasks required to maintain performance of the operation.
- To conduct driver debriefing of al drivers to an acceptable standard and to ensure that all key accountabilities and processes are audited after every shift.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure all delayed departures and/or deliveries are clearly communicated to relevant area.
- To despatch and debrief in a busy office environment, and to instruct according to operational requirements and schedule adherence.
- Accurate completion of daily transport paperwork in-line with company policy and procedures.
- Collation & input of statistical information for various Transport reports.
- Liaising with other Distribution Centres/departments within the site and the wider contract.
- Assist with the management of vehicle defects through the VOR process
- Support the Transport Manager in driving a culture of customer service and cost efficiency
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Have experience within a busy operational office environment.
- Ideally experience in a transport environment and knowledge of legislation relating to drivers & LGV / HGV’s
- Excellent communication skills and numerical skills.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work.
- Reliable and punctual
- Strong attention to detail to ensure documentation is correct and error free.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines.
- PC Literate
Shifts are 10pm to 6am Mon- Fri or Sun-Mon