Experienced Transport Planner required for a rapidly expanding business based in Worksop.
Duties to include:
- Schedule and book daily transport.
- Source the best priced transport from subcontract hauliers, with reliability and quality service in mind.
- Request the correct equipment according to customers’ demands (size of vehicle, special modifications)
- Monitor and report on subcontractors’ performances.
- Monitor and report on OTIF / KPI’s
- Seek opportunities for new and existing customers.
- Process and follow up on any queries and request claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain excellent internal and external relations.
- Make sure all data entry is 100% accurate and compliant.
- Manage POD accounting and source when required.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
This search is not limited to any industry. Previous Transport Planning and dealing with sub-contractors is key to this recruitment:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Good IT skills are required including working knowledge of Excel.
- You must be self-motivated and highly organised with the ability to work under pressure in an ever changing environment.
Key attractions for potential candidates are a competitive salary, opportunity to progress within the business plus additional employee benefits.