Experienced Transport Planner required for an expanding and hugely successful Rotherham based business. This newly created vacancy has arisen due to continued growth and will be supporting an existing team.
Your key duties will include:
- Schedule and book daily transport
- Responsibility for sourcing best value transport from Sub Contract businesses
- Request the correct vehicles according to customers’ demands
- Monitor and report on subcontractors’ performances.
- Monitor and report on OTIF / KPI’s
- Seek opportunities for new and existing customers
- Process and follow up on any queries and request claims in a timely manner
- Maintain Excellent internal and external relations via effective communication
- Make sure all data entry is 100% accurate and compliant
- Manage POD accounting and source when required
Having previous and recent experience within the transport industry you will be well organised and an effective communicator, able to self-motivate and manage your workload effectively. A good geographical knowledge is desirable for this vacancy given the nature of the role.
Potential candidates can expect an attractive salary to reflect level of experience as well as career development opportunities as the business continues to expand.