A large logistics company in Worksop have a vacancy for a Transport Team Leader - nights. You will lead and develop the transport team: following safe and legal compliance, and giving the required level of operational support and customer service whilst being commercially aware
- Enter operational information onto the daily log and maintain throughout the day.
- Ensure receipt of the Paragon run sheets for each driver run and file ready for issue
- Manage the handling of overspill loads and consolidation of part loads for efficiency
- Co-ordination of vehicle/trailer return to workshop for routine maintenance, servicing and accident repair
- Manage the efficient allocation of Drivers to vehicles
- Review the daily plan and cancel any agency drivers where appropriate
- Ensure driver training requirements are identified and Driver trainers are informed.
- Capturing & inputting information regarding telemetry software late deliveries.
- Building extra deliveries into the plan and allocating drivers to these jobs.
- Complete KPI reports as required – these include ensuring the capture of 100% accurate case and cage information at all times and being aware of how incorrect information effects the PVA and schedule Adherence Report
We are looking for candidates from the following background
- Administration experience in a busy, fast paced office, ideally in the Transport industry but not essential
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Equivalent of 5 GCSE grade ‘C’ or above
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt when required
- Ability to interpret and translate facts and information explaining situations and issues to people and advising them of alternative or appropriate courses of action
- Excellent Oral and written communication and organisation and planning skills
- Be able to ensure 100% accuracy of data capture and reporting
Shifts are 10pm to 6am Mon- Fri or Sun-Mon