Pandrol defines the industry standard across rail fastening systems and aluminothermic welding. They have supplied rail infrastructure in more than 100 countries with our products and services; this extends to designing, developing and manufacturing equipment to make constructing and maintaining railways more efficient.
Worksop site is one of the largest operating Companies in the Group, generating annual revenues of c.£70M and supplying rail fastening products into c.30 worldwide markets.
An outstanding opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a market leading manufacturing and engineering business in the rail infrastructure sector. This role is a newly created role and will form an integral part of the UK finance function, growing and developing a business partnering ethos.
- Preparation of monthly sales and margin reports / analyses, including developing the new ERP system - Business Central (Dynamics)
- Support the wider business to prepare annual sales budgets and mid-year forecasts
- Preparation of month end stock reconciliations and management reporting. A key part of this role will be to support the UK Financial Controller in explaining the UK trade working capital position / variances to budget or forecast and will include the development / improvement of existing reports and KPIs.
- Development and management of the UK standard costs within the ERP system, including the development of monthly reports and commentaries analysing variances between actual and standard costs.
- Development and management of the UK sales commission and rebate provisioning and reconciliation of actual claims prior to being submitted to management for approval and payment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Part-Qualified/Qualified Accountant with relevant experience in a medium / large business, or within a subsidiary of a corporate Group.
- Good experience in a management accounting role and can demonstrate strong business partnering skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience of ERP systems and the ability to extract and manipulate data into meaningful management information, further supported by strong anilities with Microsoft Office (e.g. MS Excel) is a must.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience within the manufacturing sector is strongly desirable.
- Confident, outward going individual, with strong interpersonal and communication skills: Ability to build relationships within the team, with colleagues across the business and potentially with key external advisors.
- Study support if required
- 25 days holiday plus holiday buy back scheme
- Private health
- Matched contribution pension at a contributory rate of up to 8% (double the rate of employee contributions).
- Life Insurance at x8 salary.