Finance Director Opportunity - New Private Equity Deal
A high-profile Finance Director role within a recently acquired private equity backed SME within the distribution sector.
Our client has just completed their deal with private equity and are now looking for an experienced Finance Director to lead the finance function going forward. The business is led by an experienced executive & non-exec board, a strong market share and with an exciting plan of growth post acquisition.
There is an opportunity for equity involvement within the business in the foreseeable future – This is a clear attraction of the role, but should not be a distraction from the range of immediate deliverables;
- Setting and leading all aspects of the financial strategy
- Developing better budgetary & management reporting controls
- Working capital management – through effective processes and gaining the buy-in from other departmental leads
- Statutory and financial reporting
- Strong cashflow management experience
- Leading a small finance team
- Taking a key role in ensuring regulatory compliance
We are not limiting this search to any particular qualification, industry sector or niche skillset. Strength of character, people skills and shared values are central to this recruitment process;
- Hands-on, commercial and operationally minded.
- High levels of drive, ambition and energy
- Experience working in an SME with private equity
- Able to balance the long-term objectives of the business with the day-to-day demands
- Strong and robust personality – experienced in working in a culture of collaboration, results-focus and direct communication
- Motivated by plans for growth – ideally from a very early stage of development
The key attractions for potential candidates can be summarised;
- An opportunity to work with a Managing Director and Chairman who both have superb reputations based on their considerable successes to date
- Working with a collaborative and successful private equity house.
- Being a key member of the Senior Leadership team driving the business forward
Please contact Gillian McBride for more details