An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Yorkshire Agricultural Society (YAS) as its new Financial Controller. This is a fantastic role to lead and drive the finance function of one of the most highly respected agricultural societies in the UK.
The Yorkshire Agricultural Society, best known for the Great Yorkshire Show, is a registered charity that invests over half a million pounds a year supporting and promoting the agricultural industry. To help fund their charitable work, YAS commercially operate a number of first-class facilities on the Showground including the multi award winning Yorkshire Event Centre, Pavilions of Harrogate, Fodder farm shop and cafe, and Harrogate Caravan Park.
The Financial Controller will be an integral member of the Senior Management Team and will have overall responsibility for the financial stability of the Society and its trading subsidiaries. This will involve reporting accurate and timely financial information for governance, management, and strategic purposes. As well managing the finance team, you’ll have a varied remit including:
- Managing the monthly accounts, statutory financial reporting, and compliance
- Producing budget, forecasts, and reporting on variances
- Supporting management and strategic initiatives through business case modelling and analysis of key finance performance data
- Overseeing ledgers, banking, and VAT
- Partnering and presenting financial information to a range of stakeholders including Trustees, Audit & Investment, YEC Board, and Heads of Department
The Financial Controller you’ll be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with a proven track record of strategic financial management gained in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including free parking, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, 12% pension contributions, subsidised private medical scheme, life assurance and staff discounts.
For further details on this role, and to apply, please contact Nicola Beach at Pratap Partnership on 07522541383 or email@example.com. All third-party CVs will be forwarded to Pratap Partnership.