An outstanding HR Administrator opportunity to join one of the most successful manufacturers in the East Midlands. A business with a fantastic product, a strong brand, and an international infrastructure. A market leader in their field, the business have a strong local investment strategy with exciting new product lines, many of which help to make the world safer, improve quality of life, reduce carbon emissions and improve the quality of the air that we breathe.
This role is typically suited to a HR Administrator / Assistant looking for an opportunity with a clear path in time to HR Advisor looking for a great place to work. The role will provide full generalist HR support to employees and Managers, ensuring compliance at all times with statutory legislation, Company policies and procedures. Providing support on all matters relating to HR, working with the HR Manager to ensure the HR objectives are achieved. You can expect your role to be busy, varied and a blend of operational and project-based work.
Duties will include:
- To contribute to the development and successful delivery of HR projects and initiatives.
- Provide commercially focused advice and support to Managers on employee relations issues in line with Company procedures, ensuring they are handled effectively and professionally.
- Site lead on GDPR compliance.
- Work closely with the HR Manager and relevant stakeholders to improve employee engagement.
- Assist Managers with recruitment and selection of vacancies, including participating at interviews, administering psychometric and ability testing instruments.
- Manage the employee life cycle from onboarding to exit.
- Play an active role in the performance management calendar, ensuring high completion rate of associated events.
- Assist the HR Manager in the development and review of policies and procedures, ensuring the policies and procedures are adhered to and advise of changes to employment legislation.
- Produce monthly HR Metric reports for the HR Manager.
- Deliver training to Managers in matters relating to Performance Appraisal, Recruitment & Selection, Discipline & Grievance and Absence Management.
- To ensure accurate HR records on all employees.
- Generally, act in an advisory capacity, on all matters relating to HR, for both Line Managers and employees. This must be done in accordance with current employment legislation and current Company policies and procedures.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of absence management
- Experience of assisting on disciplinary and grievances
- Experience of a computerised HR System
- Experience of working in a Unionised environment is desirable
- Experience of maintaining comprehensive records
- Up to date knowledge of employment law
- Proven generalist experience
- Ability to influence and challenge decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively
- Ability to work autonomously
- Confidential and professional manner at all times
- Respond positively to change
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels
As the HR Advisor you’ll receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Quarterly Bonus
- Phone allowance
- Enhanced Company pension
- 3- 7 x Death in service
- Free on-site parking
- And many more perks!
The role is 37.5 hours and due to location it is beneficial for the candidate to drive,