We’re delighted to be working exclusively with Advanced Supply Chain Group in the search for a Human Resources Director.
Advanced Supply Chain Group utilises a suite of in-house written software modules to provide innovative margin enhancing logistics services for customers across the international supply chain. It specialises in offering intelligent solutions for the complicated supply chain issues that are inherent in today’s complex world of digital and omni-channel retailing.
The business is headquartered in Bradford and has around 1,800 permanent employees. It has 5 large operations sites in the UK and 1 in Europe (Czech Republic) with Freight Forwarding offices in the Far East and UAE.
HR processes, values and profile are all well-established within the business. The headline objective for the incoming HR Director is to strike the right balance of driving strategy and being hands on supporting the team with activity to deliver brilliant HR basics.
A major and ongoing challenge in this sector is recruitment. The business recruits a high number of individuals throughout the year. To assist in this requirement, the business is keen to ensure they keep attrition as low as possible. Ensuring people are properly inducted, trained and valued throughout their career with Advanced.
Leading a team of 19 in HR (covering payroll, L&D, recruitment and Business Partners) duties and responsibilities will include:;
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives in line with business objectives
- Leading the HR function with a high level of support and challenge.
- Leading the businesses HR department, including talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, talent management HR information systems and financial planning of the department
- Liaising directly with the executive board and being accountable for the performance of the HR function and the departments within it, as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning and c-suite talent acquisition
- Identify, lead, and own HR projects.
- Support & guide complex ER cases, whilst developing managers to establish positive performance management strategies.
- Enable the development & implementation of a proactive succession planning strategy
- Leading the analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture
- Creating and managing the HR department’s annual budget
- Taking oversight of the company’s culture
The ideal candidate will be:
- CIPD qualified
- Experience of working in manufacturing, engineering, logistics or similar sectors
- Strategic vision but also hands on support for the team
- Action and results orientated with an eye for detail
- Will be strategically minded with proven experience of building and maintaining relationships
- Proven track record in HR with exposure across all key aspects of HR processes
- Coaching and developing senior business leaders.
- Working with a Senior Leadership team to give sound commercial and strategic insight.
- Providing an innovative approach to add value to strategic business goals
- Leadership experience at a director level in an HR environment.
- Working in a collaborative way that is values driven, to high standards of integrity and professional/ethical standards
What’s on offer:
- Market leading salary
- Executive Benefits Package
- Car Allowance
All direct applications will be forwarded to Pratap Partnership